The date to apply for the next Ernst and Gertrude Ticho Memorial Award has been extended to February 24, 2023.
The Ticho Memorial Lecture will take place at the 2024 National Meeting, which will be an in-person meeting—and not at the June 2023 Virtual meeting, as first announced. The dates of the 2024 National Meeting will be posted when available. Click here to download the application guidlines listed below:
The application process consists of a personal statement, CV, and optional letter of recommendation.
ERNST AND GERTRUDE TICHO MEMORIAL AWARD & LECTURE
Friday, February 24, 2023
The Ernst and Gertrude Ticho Memorial Award and Lecture recognizes and fosters the work of a promising early- to mid-career psychoanalyst who has made contributions to the field through teaching, writing, research, and applied and/or clinical work.
The Ticho Lecture was inaugurated in June 2006 with the generous support of the Ernst and Gertrude Ticho Charitable Foundation.
- Presentation of a 40-minute original paper on a topic of the award winner’s choosing at APsaA’s 2024 National Meeting
- Airfare to APsaA’s 2024 National Meeting
- Two nights at the headquarters hotel
- $3,000 honorarium
- Applicants must be an early- to mid-career psychoanalyst and member of APsaA in good standing at the time of submission.
- Applicants must be available to present their paper at the 2024 National Meeting. The specific date will be announced when available.
- Personal Statement: The statement should give the selection committee a sense of the applicant’s voice, career trajectory, goals, interests, and passions in the field. If applicants already have a topic in mind, they are welcome to briefly discuss the paper they would present at the National Meeting. Overall, the statement should explain why the individual should be considered for the Ticho Award, including accomplishments to date and future intentions regarding psychoanalytic practice, science, and scholarship. The statement should be detailed, specific, and generally no more than three single-spaced pages in length.
- Curriculum Vitae
- An optional letter of recommendation from a mentor or colleague in the field. Recommenders can email letters directly to the address below.
- The due date for all materials to be received is Friday, February 24, 2023.
- Please send your materials to Carolyn Gatto, [email protected]
- Optional: recommenders can email letters directly to the address above.
The Ticho Committee looks forward to reading all submissions.
Julie Jaffee Nagel, Ph.D.
Chair, Ticho Committee
Stefan Pasternack, M.D.
Director, Ticho Foundation