Ensuring the confidentiality of all clinical material presented at our meetings is of the utmost importance to APsaA. Attendance is contingent on an agreement to adhere to the following guidelines:
• Clinical material must not be discussed outside of the session in which it is presented and furthermore must not be recorded, conveyed, or disseminated in written or electronic form.
• Participants must agree to maintain a secure environment to be utilized solely by the registered participant and protected from intrusion by, or exposure to, unauthorized persons.
• Presenters of case material must have either obtained informed consent from the patient (or guardian) or taken other carefully considered measures to safeguard confidentiality.
• If at any time a participant suspects he, she or they may recognize the identity of a patient in a case presentation, the participant must leave the session immediately.
• Failure to observe these guidelines constitutes a breach of APsaA’s ethical principles and may be cause for disciplinary or legal action or both.