The Psychotherapist Associates category is for psychoanalytic psychotherapists with a minimum of a master’s level degree who are licensed and/or certified by the state in which they practice.
- Reduced Registration Fees & Advance Notification of APsaA’s Meetings
- Subscription to APsaA's quarterly magazine, The American Psychoanalyst
- Special Subscription Rate to the Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association (JAPA)
- Directory of Psychotherapist Associates
- Discussion Group at APsaA’s biannual national meetings sponsored by the Committee on Psychotherapist Associates whose motto is “Bringing the best of Psychoanalytic Thought to the American Psychotherapist, Classic to Cutting Edge.” This ongoing Discussion Group (workshop) provides the opportunity to meet with psychoanalytic thinkers in a small group setting. Small groups provide ample time for your participation and even presentation of your own clinical vignettes.
Yearly enrollment fee: $100.00.
Click here to print out the brochure and enrollment form
Please note that if you graduated from a non-APsaA/IPA or WAWI psychoanalytic training institute as a psychoanalyst, then you are eligible to apply for full membership through the Expanded Pathway membership application.
For information on the Committee on Psychotherapist Associate’s biannual Discussion Groups, Psychotherapist Associate activities, or to get involved with committee activities, please contact Margo Goldman, M.D. (margogoldmanMD@gmail.com), Chair, Committee on Psychotherapist Associates.
Please call the National Office at 212-752-0450 x26 or email email@example.com.
Please note: Individuals who meet the qualifications for full membership in APsaA are not eligible to join the Psychotherapist Associates.